Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Château de Denens

On my recent trip back to Switzerland, I paid an all to brief visit to my Cousin Pierre de Büren at the Château de Denens, near Morges. The Château of Denens has been in the family since 1796 when it was acquired by marriage with the de Tavel family and Pierre's children represent the 7th generation of de Büren's living at Denens. I remember vividly as a boy visiting Pierre's grandmother Marie Dorette, and getting lost within the house.

Château of Denens with vineyards in foreground.

Watercolor of Denens by Albert de Büren, Baron de Vaumarcus.

Sepia of Denens by Albert de Büren, Baron de Vaumarcus, circa 1830s.

Sepia of Denens by Albert de Büren, Baron de Vaumarcus, circa 1830s.

Denens is an active winery with many varietals, the Chasselas is still my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...