Sunday, March 21, 2010

My little botantist

In the debate that still rages about Nature vs. Nurture and what makes us who we are, it seems clear that it is a mixture of both. What my 6 year-old daughter presented me with the other day however, seems to be an example of Nature all the way. Of her own accord she started to make an Herbarium (a collection of preserved plants specimens), something my ancestors Albert de Büren and Henri de Büren did when they were botanists in the 19th century. I think Albert and Henri would be very proud.

My daughter's herbarium page, taped samples complete with phonetic spelling.

A 19th century herbarium page from the Bern Botanical Institute.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! It's always fascinating to try and detect family patterns!
    Evelyn in Montreal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...