Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Around the World in Forty Blogs

To my utter amazement and delight I have learned that the de Büren Family blog, a labor of love for countless years, has been acknowledged as one of the top 40 genealogy blogs for 2012 by Family Tree Magazine.


"We chose these blogs based on their overall quality of content and design, potential interest to other researchers, and relatively current status."

I assumed that my blog would have been placed under a Swiss header, but was pleased to see it under a special category called Winding Roads, dedicated to broader storytelling.

"Don’t limit yourself to reading blogs that cover strictly your ancestral land. Some blogs wander through several countries as they follow a family’s journeys. The de Büren Family, for example, traces an 800-year trail through Switzerland, Argentina, Brazil, England, France and the United States."

I am deeply honored by my selection and gratified that others find my family narrative as compelling as I do. Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...