Friday, August 16, 2013

A Swiss Explorer Comes to America

"Like Henri de Büren's adventure, my project concerning him has continued to evolve. When I found the original journal, my fascination with it took me in its grasp and refused to let go. Beyond the intellectual calculations of its historical value, there was a deeply emotional component. The journal felt viscerally part of me, a creative product that called to me, desiring to be expressed."

My first published article has just gone live. After countless stops and starts, numerous rewrites, and a few additional gray hairs I am very pleased with the result. I tried to not simply write about my ancestor's voyage, but also what the journey has meant for me personally.

Please go over to and read my Tales from the Vault article Following in His Footsteps – A Swiss Explorer Comes to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...