Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Mother's Day Acknowledgement

I enjoy finding patterns in history. Links across time have always been fascinating to me. In many ways we all are representations of generational threads, your mother's eyes, your grandmother's laugh or your great-grandmother's determination.

Over the past couple of years I have pondered actively what I care about and what moves me. In honor of Mother's Day I would thank seven generations of de Büren women whose traits have become mine and have helped me become the man I am today.


Mom – Sharon de Buren (Carter)

Thank you for giving me your drive.



My grandmother – Emelie de Buren (Lasserre)

Thank you for giving me your love of music.



My great-grandmother – Louisa de Büren (Fabrini)

Thank you for giving me your love of cooking.



My 2 x great-grandmother – Natalie de Büren (de Freudenreich)

Thank you for giving me your compassion.



My 3 x great-grandmother – Catherine de Büren (de Senarclens)

Thank you for giving me your tenacity.



My 4 x great-grandmother – Charlotte de Büren

Thank you for giving me your commitment to family.



My 5 x great-grandmother – Cornélie de Büren (van Assendelft)

Thank you for giving me your love of art.


Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Dear de Büren family,

    We are distantly related, as I have found out from an old handwritten genealogy from about 1750, where it says that Cornelia Jacoba gb.1733 tr.1757 Charles van Büren, Switsers offic.
    If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you a copy of the genealogy. As my wife Margret is Swiss, and our daughter Alexandra lives in Uerkheim/Aargau, we visited Vaumarcus three years ago, but could disappointing enough not see the castle from the inside. Especially the new part, which Charles built for his wife would have interested us. Is it ever possible to see it?
    My branch of the van Assendelft family has settled down in Finland (from London and St. Petersburg) since the end of the 18th Century. Hoping to hear from you,
    With kind regards, Alexander van Assendelft, alexvana09@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...